– Curating the Designer-Maker Artisan Market.
– Providing a turnkey solution for the Freeworld Design Centre, from construction to completion.
– Judging the Elle Decoration Solve Awards.
– Conceptualising and managing New Slant, on behalf of the Department of Arts and Culture. This involved motivating for the necessary funding, and then working with designer Haldane Martin to launch a new product that would create additional employment for Epilepsy SA.
– Growing the Design Indaba Expo to triple its exhibitor base, more than double the audience attendance and floor size, in less than two years.
– Forming part of “First African in Space” Mark Shuttleworth’s epic, educational Hip2BSquare Roadshow across South Africa as the photojournalist and website editor.
– Making ZA web history as the manager and commentator for South Africa’s first event to be streamed live on the Internet from Oppikoppi Music Festival.
Lauren’s individual and team contributions have been recognised in the following ways:
- Freeworld Design Centre judged “best design concept in Cape Town” by House & Leisure Magazine, December 2011
- Recipient of Communication Arts Award (USA) as Editor of Design Indaba Magazine
- PICA Award for Best Customer Publication for Design Indaba Magazine as part of an editorial team
- Design Indaba Conference and Expo judged best event in the world at EIBTM Awards (Spain)
- Avusa Media Ltd company award for initiating the Elle Decoration site www.elldecoration.co.za
- SA Blog Awards finalist for www.elledecoration.co.za
- Mondi Award finalist for eco-living “think piece”
- PICA Award for best Décor, Crafts, Food and Gardening Magazine 2009 for Elle Decoration (team award)
- PICA Highly Commended 2008 for Elle Decoration (team)